|Teachers' personal information
Associate Department Head of Management Science and Engineering
Associate Professor (master
Management Information Systems, Electronic Commerce
2013 Ph.D. Management Science and Engineering Tsinghua University
2010 Visiting Scholor Management Information Systems K. U. Leuven
2007 B.E. Information Management and Information Systems Tsinghua University
Courses for Undergraduate Students
《Management in Big Data Era》
《Business Intelligence & Big Data Analytics》
《Textual Data Analytics》
《Information Systems: Security and Management》
《E-Commerce Security Management》
《Web Page Design Basics》
Courses for Academic Graduate Students
《Data Mining Experiments》
Courses for MBA Students
《Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics》
• 2018.03-Present: Associate Professor, Doctoral Supervisor, Associate Department Head, Department of Management Science and Engineering, School of Economics and Management, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
• 2016.06-2018.03: Associate Professor, Master's Supervisor, Department of Management Science and Engineering, School of Economics and Management, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
• 2015.12-2016.06: Associate Professor, Department of Management Science and Engineering, School of Economics and Management, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
• 2013.08-2015.12: Assistant Professor, Department of Management Science and Engineering, School of Economics and Management, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
Business Intelligence and Data Mining
E-commerce and Mobile User Behavior Analysis
Business Big Data Analytics
Policy Informatics and Policy Analytics
• PI: Research on the Spillover Effects of User Behaviors based on Mobile Big Data, NSFC General Project (No.:71772017), 2018.01-2021.12.
• PI: Research on Big Data Analysis of Beijing Urban Public Opinion Management and Policy Evaluation, General Project of Beijing Social Science Foundation (No.:17GLB009), 2017.07-2019.12.
• PI: Research on the Evaluation and Extraction Methods of Rich Information for Mobile Business, NSFC Research Project for Young Scholar (No.: 71402007), 2015.1-2017.12.
• Participant (2nd): Research on Government Decision Making Process Restructure and Evaluation Method Based on Public Generated Big Data Analysis, NSFC General Research Project (No.: 71473143), 2015.1-2018.12.
• PI: Semantic Topics Extraction and Evolution Trends Analysis based on Agricultural Scientific and Technological Information, Construction Subproject of China Knowledge Center for Engineering Science and Technology (No.:S2015050), 2015.5-2016.5.
• Participant (1st), Studies on a Novel Model of Diversity Metrics and a Method for Extracting Diversified Information in Information Search Service, NSFC General Research Project (No.: 71372044), 2014.1-2017.12.
• Participant, On the Management of Uncertainties in Web 2.0 User Generated Content, NSFC Key Research Project (No.: 71231002), 2013.1-2017.12.
• Participant, Major Fundamental and Technological Issues in Emerging E-Business, NSFC Major Research Project (No.:70890080), 2009.1-2012.12.
• Participant (3rd), Research on Substitute Relevance based Long-tail Keywords Suggestion, NSFC General Research Project (No.:71072015), 2011.1-2013.12.
• Principle Participant, Research on Intelligent Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, Tsinghua-K. U. Leuven Bilateral Scientific Cooperation Project (No.: 3H051154), 2009.1-2010.12.
• Journal Papers:
1.Baojun Ma, Qiang Wei, Guoqing Chen, Jin Zhang, Xunhua Guo. Content & Structure Coverage: Extracting a Diverse Information Subset. INFORMS Journal on Computing, 2017, 29(4): 660-675. (SSCI/SCI, UT DALLAS 24 Top Journal Paper)
2.Yan Wan, Baojun Ma*, Yu Pan. Opinion evolution of online consumer reviews in e-commerce environment. Electronic Commerce Research, 2017, DOI: 10.1007/s10660-017-9258-7. (Forthcoming, SSCI)
3.Guoqing Chen, Cong Wang, Mingyue Zhang, Qiang Wei, Baojun Ma. How "Small" Reflects "Large"? — Representative Information Measurement and Extraction. Information Sciences, 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.ins.2017.08.096. (Forthcoming, SCI)
4.Min Ren, Nan Zhang, Baojun Ma. Factors Influencing the Attention Received by Individuals in Online Communities. Journal of Intelligence, 2017, 36(7): 195-201. (in Chinese, CSSCI)
5.Baojun Ma, Hua Yuan, Ye Wu. Exploring performance of clustering methods on document sentiment analysis. Journal of Information Science, 2017, 43(1): 54-74. (SSCI/SCI)
6.Baojun Ma, Nan Zhang, Guannan Liu, Liangqiang Li, Hua Yuan. Semantic Search for Public Opinions on Urban Affairs: A Probabilistic Topic Modeling-based Approach. Information Processing & Management, 2016, 52(3): 430-445. (SSCI一区/SCI)
7.Jinghong Xu, Lin Zhang, Baojun Ma, Ye Wu. Impacts of suppressing guide on information spreading. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2016, 444: 922-927. (SCI)
8.Hualin Xu, Hua Yuan, Baojun Ma, Yu Qian. Where to go and what to play: Towards summarizing popular information from massive tourism blogs. Journal of Information Science, 2015, 41(6): 830-854. (SSCI/SCI)
9.Baojun Ma, Huaping Zhang, Guoqing Chen, Yanping Zhao, Bart Baesens. Investigating Associative Classification for Software Fault Prediction: An Experimental Perspective. International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, 2014, 24(1): 61-90. (SCI)
10.Huaping Zhang, Ruiqi Zhang, Yanping Zhao, Baojun Ma. Big Data Modeling and Analysis of Microblog Ecosystem. International Journal of Automation and Computing, 2014, 11(2): 119-127, 2014. (EI)
11.Baojun Ma, Nan Zhang, Tao Sun. Big Data Analysis toward Public Feedback in the Smart City Context: A Probabilistic Topic Modeling Perspective. Electronic Government, 2013, 12: 9-15. (in Chinese, CSSCI)
12.Baojun Ma, Qiang Wei. Measuring the Coverage and Redundancy of Information Search Services on E-Commerce Platforms. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2012, 11(6): 560-569. (SSCI/SCI)
13.Baojun Ma, Qiang Wei, Guoqing Chen. A combined Measure for Representative Information Retrieval in Enterprise Information Systems. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 2011, 24(4): 310-321. (ABI)
• Conference Papers:
1.Yinan Yu, Baojun Ma*, Hailiang Chen, Benjamin P. C. Yen. Utilizing Geospatial Information in Cellular Data Usage for Key Location Prediction. In the 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS'2018), Hawaii, USA, Janurary 3-6, 2018, pp. 981-988.
2.Baojun Ma, Lu Chen, Yan Wan. Feature Extraction and Fine-grained Sentiment Analysis for Online Customer Reviews: from Perspectives of Deep Learning and Hierarchical Clustering Method. In The seventh CNAIS National Congress (CNAIS'2017), Shanghai, China, Oct. 20-22, 2017, pp. 891-898. (in Chinese)
3.Liang Zhang, Guannan Liu, Baojun Ma. Predicting the Product Risk in Electronic Commerce based on Bi-partite Graph. In The seventh CNAIS National Congress (CNAIS'2017), Shanghai, China, Oct. 20-22, 2017, pp. 239-245. (in Chinese)
4.Jinyang Zheng, Zhengling Qi, Yong Tan, Baojun Ma, Yifan Dou. Who Drives in My Users? Evidence for App Usage Causal Network from Graphical Model Approach. In Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST'2016), Nashville, Tennessee, USA, November 12-13, 2016, paper 132.
5.Baojun Ma, Hua Yuan, Yan Wan, Yu Qian, Nan Zhang, Qiongwei Ye. PUBLIC OPINION ANALYSIS BASED ON PROBABILITY TOPIC MODELING AND DEEP LEARNING. In the 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS'2016), Chiayi, Taiwan, June 27 - July 1, 2016, paper 171. (EI)
6.Jin Zhang, Baojun Ma, Jilong Zhang, Ming Ren and Chong Ma. Understanding the Massive Online Reviews: A Novel Representative Subset Extraction Method. In the 20th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS'2016), Chiayi, Taiwan, June 27 - July 1, 2016, paper 299. (EI)
7.Baojun Ma, Hailiang Chen. Examining the Causal Relationship between Screen Size and Cellular Data Consumption. In the 19th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS'2015), Singapore, July 5-9, 2015, paper 180. (EI)
8.Xin Lao, Baojun Ma, Nan Zhang, Yan Wan. Public Opinion Analysis Based on Probabilistic Topic Modeling and Deep Learning. In The sixth CNAIS National Congress (CNAIS’2015), Jinan, Shandong, China, Oct. 23-25, 2015, pp. 477-486. (in Chinese)
9.Hua Yuan, Yu Qian, Baojun Ma, Qiang Wei. From Trajectories to Path Network: An Endpoints-Based GPS Trajectory Partition and Clustering Framework. In the 15th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM'2014), Macau, China, June 16-18, 2014, pp. 740-743. (EI).
10.Baojun Ma, Nan Zhang. Understanding the hot topics of public feedback in the smart city context: A study based on probabilistic topic modeling. The fifth CNAIS National Congress (CNAIS’2013), Guiyang, China, Oct. 17-19, 2013, pp. 741-745. (in Chinese)
11.Ming Ren, Jin Zhang, Baojun Ma. On the changes of the subjects terms in information system studies: A literature analysis of MIS quarterly. The fifth CNAIS National Congress (CNAIS’2013), Guiyang, China, Oct. 17-19, 2013, pp. 819-824. (in Chinese.)
12.Yanping Zhao, Huaping Zhang, Baojun Ma, Hui Zhao. Scientific projects database management based on dynamic knowledge relation. The fifth CNAIS National Congress (CNAIS’2013), Guiyang, China, Oct. 17-19, 2013, pp. 454-458. (in Chinese)
13.Baojun Ma, Hua Yuan, Qiang Wei. A Comparison Study of Clustering Models for Online Review Sentiment Analysis. In The 14th International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM'2013), Beidaihe, China, June 14-16, 2013, pp. 332-337. (EI)
14.Baojun Ma, Karel Dejaeger, Jan Vanthienen, Bart Baesens. Software Defect Prediction Based on Association Rule Classification. In the 2010 International Conference on Electronic-Business Intelligence (ICEBI'2010), Kunming, China, Dec. 19-21, 2010, pp. 396-402. (ISTP)
15.Baojun Ma, Qiang Wei, Guoqing Chen. A Combined Measure for Representativeness on Information Retrieval in Web Search. In the 9th International FLINS Conference on Foundations and Applications of Computational Intelligence (FLINS'2010), Chengdu, China, Aug. 2-4, 2010, pp. 659-665. (ISTP)
• Books and Book Chapters:
1.Qiongwei Ye, Baojun Ma. Internet+ and Electronic Business in China: Innovation and Applications. Wagon lane, Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing Limited, 2017.12
2.Nan Zhang, Baojun Ma. Constructing a Methodology Toward Policy Analysts for Understanding Online Public Opinions: A Probabilistic Topic Modeling Approach. In E. Tambouris et al. (Eds.), Electronic Government and Electronic Participation (Vol. 22, pp. 72-79): IOS Press, 2015.
3.Guoqing Chen, Xunhua Guo, Baojun Ma. Management Information Systems: Principles, Methods and Applications (2nd Edition). Higher Education Press, 2014. (in Chinese)
• Theoretical Contribution Award of China Information Economics Society, 2017
• Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award, Tsinghua University, 2013.
• Zheng Weimin Scholarship, Tsinghua University, 2011 and 2012.
• Xiao Linshi Scholarship for research paper on Chinese economics, 2012.
• Best paper of the Association for Information Management, 2012.
• Excellent Tutor scholarship, Tsinghua University, 2009.
• JiangZhen 1st-class Scholarship, Tsinghua University, 2008.
• Outstanding Undergraduate of Beijing District (City level), 2007.
• Excellent Undergraduate Award, Tsinghua University, 2007.
• Outstanding Student Leader Award, Tsinghua University, 2007.
• EMC 1st-class Scholarship, Tsinghua University, 2006.
• China Association for Information Systems (CNAIS), Council Member
• Association for Information Systems (AIS), Member.
• Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Member.
• China Computer Federation (CCF), Member.
2.Conference Programme Committes
• SOTICS'2018: The 8th International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics, Nice, France, October 14-18, 2018.
• SSPHE'2018: The 2nd International Conference on Social Science, Public Health and Education, Sanya, China, November 25-27, 2018.
• SEKE'2018: The 30th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Redwood City, San Francisco Bay, USA, July 1-3, 2018.
• SMP'2017: The 6th National Conference on Social Media Processing, Beijing, China, September 14-17, 2017.
• SOTICS'2017: The 7th International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics, Athens, Greece, October 8-12, 2017.
• ICITCS'2017: The 7th iCatse Conference on IT Convergence and Security, Seoul, South Korea, September 25-28, 2017.
• IWEBM'2017: The 2017 International Workshop on Economics, Business and Management, Kunming, Yunnan, China, October 27-29, 2017.
• ICSN'2017: The 2nd iCatse Symposium on Software Networking, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 26-29, 2017.
• ICISA'2017: The 8th International Conference on Information Science and Applications, Macau, China, March 20-23, 2017.
• SEKE'2017: The 29th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, Pittsburgh, USA, July 5~7, 2017.
• ICISS'2016: The32nd International Conference on Information Science and Security, Pattaya, Thailand, December 19th~22th, 2016.
• SEKE'2016: The 28th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Hotel Sofitel, Redwood City, San Francisco Bay, California, USA, July 1~3, 2016.
• ICISA'2016: The 7th International Conference on Information Science and Application, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, February 15th~18th, 2016.
• ICISS'2015: The 2nd International Conference on Information Science and Security, Seoul, Korea, December 14th~16th, 2015.
• ICITCS'2015: The 5th International Conference on IT Convergence and Security, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 24th~27th, 2015.
• SEKE'2015: The 27th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering,Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, Pittsburgh, USA, July 6~8, 2015.
• SEKE'2014: The 26th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Hyatt Regency, Vancouver, Canada, July 1~3, 2014.
• CECNet'2013: The 3rd International Conference on Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks, Hubei University of Science and Technology, Xianning, Hubei Province of China, Nov. 20~22, 2013.
3.Conference Session Chair
• ICEC’2018: The 20th International Conference on Electronic Commerce, Tianjin, China, July 6-7, 2018.
• CNAIS'2015: The sixth CNAIS National Congress, Jinan, Shandong, China, Oct. 23-25, 2015.
• CNAIS’2013: The fifth CNAIS National Congress, Guiyang, China, Oct. 17-19, 2013.
• Information Processing & Management (IP&M, SSCI/SCI)
• Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (JASIST, SSCI/SCI)
• Electronic Commerce Research and Applications (ECRA, SSCI/SCI)
• Information & Management (I&M, SSCI/SCI)
• Electronic Commerce Research (ECR, SSCI/SCI)
• ACM Transaction on Management Information Systems (ACM TMIS)
• PLOS ONE (SCI)
• Knowledge-based Systems (KBS, SCI)
• International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS, SCI)
• China Communications (SCI)
• Aslib Journal of Information Management (IJIM, SSCI/SCI)
• International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems (IJUFKS, SCI)
• International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (IJSEKE, SCI)
• Natural Hazards (NHAZ, SCI)